WHO AM I?
I'm Joan, the author of the novel, She Smiled. Writing has always been a craving of mine, and being able to turn it into a fulfilling hobby/career has been one of my greatest achievements. My love for writing started picking up in 2018 when I first picked up my pen to begin. Since then, I’ve never looked back and have been improving my writing techniques and developing a unique literary style.
INFOHUBME – MVP project
Infohubme is an online platform delivering empowering children's e-books, digital activities and paperback books created by children.
We plan to do this by merging the classic children’s books based on their heritage with technology, to truly immerse children into the art of storytelling.
Our goal is to inspire creativity and educate children about their cultural heritage. This would be achieved with developing creativity in the reading clubs leading to competitions and publications of more books by the children.
The children will learn from other cultures to enrich their own experiences, encourage empathy which is very important in this digital age
To do this we are raising a £5,000 to create a minimum viable product that validates our idea.
WHY INFOHUBME CROWDFUNDING
In the Edinburgh Metro Feb 2020, a BookTrust study stated that “nearly 350,000 primary school pupils spend less than 15 minutes a week reading outside the classroom leading to concerns over ‘literary poverty.’ To a solution to these growing concerns, we created Infohubme – Information Hub for Me. Infohubme will promote a new cultural literary among children.
Importance of different cultural literary experience, to mention a few are
- Promote self-awareness
- Promote increased self esteem
- Reduce and remove the stereotypes
- Understanding we are all unique
- Other cultures, beliefs are important and just as valuable as what media choices to focus on at a particular time
- Promote culture assimilation and acceptance with local communities
- Understand what it means to be a multicultural family or background, A place you live and can refer to as ‘Home,’ i.e. Scotland. Although the children may have never been to their family’s country, Scotland is home.
- New possibilities such as travel and learning new languages
- Research different historical backgrounds, notable peoples and achievements
We want to launch an empowering online platform encouraging children to learn more about their history and heritage as ethnic minorities.
Running parallel to this, we want to develop creative skills through the reading clubs.
The goal of the reading club is to expand the storytelling experience by writing their own stories using the skills developed.
These stories would be delivered as e-books, paperback books, alongside activity sheets,
This would include:
- An e-book/ Paperback of the story
- Resources to learn about their heritage
- 'Take-action' packs to encourage positive steps to enhance their culture identify empowerment.
- Downloadable fun, engaging and educational content!
- A sustainable link between are raising heritage and the place we now call ‘Home’
We’re an ambitious team too, our aim in the future is to build a subscription box and Children’s iPad and mobile app, with integrated features linked to our cultural heritage. A digital space for our audience to explore books and learn through activities and art and crafts about their heritage.
But first things first, we aim to raise our target of £5,000 to fund the Minimum viable product
WHAT WE WILL SPEND ON?
Web design costs to include online shop to purchase digital bundles, e-books and physical copies of the books
Cover design and illustrations
Activity sheets and video budget for shooting the extra content (includes camera hire, creating the content, editing)
If we exceed our stretch target
Designing craft and more activity sheets and extra content!
Funds towards publishing future books.
WE’VE GOT SOME GREAT PLEDGE GIFTS FOR YOU!
Join us with £10 and receive a Thank you certificate as a reward for supporting our children literary development
With £20, a copy of Joan’s book and a thank you certificate
£30 infohubme T-shirt and a thank you certificate
£50 a three-month free subscription to infohubme online for you and 3 children, to read the wide range of books registered on our platform
£100 or more a six-month free subscription to infohubme online for you and 5 children, to read the wide range of books registered on our platform
£250 Reward: A place on our supporters' board. Your name (should you wish) will be forever emblazoned on our very special supporters' board on our platform. And a one-year subscription to online and App platform
£500 Reward: A reward suitable for businesses/corporate sponsors and very special individuals. If you purchase this reward you will have a very special place with us and will receive your name on the supporters' board. You will be accepted into our founder’s club membership and be invited along to our launch party to see what a difference your support will make.
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT US
1. Spread the word by sharing our crowdfunder, video, and liking and sharing our social media pages - see the links below.
2. Get in touch if you have any idea you would like us to consider.
3. Volunteering. Do you have a passion to help others move towards developing a platform for the next generation and have a few hours free each week? Then you will be welcome to be part of our team to promote this.
4. Refer or recommend a person or group who would enjoy a workshop or supported session on how to move towards a digital literary platform for our children. We are trying to reach people and groups who would be typically most hard to reach and least likely to get involved.
However, YOU can help in whatever way, small or large, will be hugely appreciated.
Thank you so so much if you can support our crowdfunder by pledging,
How about supporting us by sharing our crowdfunder on your social media handles?
All help is very much appreciated!