We aim to eliminate unnecessary plastic and packaging from every day food & household items. Our shop allows you to bring your own containers and fill up as much or as little produce as needed from the gravity & scoop bins. We will be selling an array of dry foods, tea, coffee, herbs & spices, oils & vinegars, beauty products such as shampoos and conditioners, household cleaning products and anything else we can think of that helps the environment.
Climate change is real and we want to encourage people to make small changes to the way they shop, in turn creating a huge impact on the world we live in.
You just have to research some of the facts and figures about what we have created
1) Over 1million marine sea-life are killed every single year due to plastic debris in the ocean
2) An estimated 50% of plastic is used just once and then thrown away
3) By 2050 it is estimated that the plastic in our oceans will outweigh the fish
4) 73% of beach litter world wide is plastic
5) The average person eats 70,000 microplastics each year
6) Over the past 50 years world plastic production has doubled
7) It is estimated that in the last 10 years we have produced more plastic than in the entirety of the last century
8) It can take up to 1,000 years for a piece of plastic to fully degrade
9) Out of 8.3 billion metric tonnes of plastic that has been generated across the world since 1950, only 9% has been recycled
We want to stop the throw away environment that we live in and create a sustainable eco-friendly town that we are proud to be part off.
Refuse, Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, Rot
Money raised will help buy materials such as gravity dispensers and scoop bins, oil drums, scales and till unit. To give you an idea of the look and feel of our shop, Lavemill Larder, a new Zero Waste shop in Troon, has kindly allowed us to use some of their photos to showcase what you can expect from Minimal Footprint!
How else can you help?
Like and share us on facebook/minimalfootprint
Talk about us and spread the word
Shop with us when we open!